search Have a break: My first time
 

Have a break

 
Subscribe & Rate Me

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Catalog
Subscribe the feed

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Visitors
My first time
Friday, October 19, 2007
Let me set your expectations straight. No need to think you are going to have a dig at me. Yes, somebody did have a dig on me.And this is to supposedly deal with it.

Tired of swollen gums , I had my first visit to the dentist.Hey, guess what is common about TV, love and dentist.Simply put,"you can run, you can hide but you can't escape".

There are these Homeopathic doctors who will test your presence not only with seemingly irrelevant question but extremely long healing period,Ayurvedic doctors probably the final destination for the hopeless ones,allopathy- the quick fixers and the Dentists- the feared entities??
Now did i classify again?Thats what is called as working on your strengths...
Anyways, so the tryst started this way..
I climbed up anticipatingly towards the clinic, having read the female name inscribed.Mind you it was more of anticipation than hope. It's usually husband & wife doc couple who opens up a clinic. And i didn't want to waste to face the husband this time for obvious reasons.

As i was removing my dusty shoes at the doorstep,I overheard this dialogue --
"Is this the way to remove teeth. I almost lost consciuosness coz of the excruciating pain" .. A female voice echoed.
"You people dont know anything and open up clinics everywhere...O my buttons.. Will i ever able to east even?" despondence and anger homogenised in her voice.
I slowly started reversing my process,pulling up the socks all over again-feeling unsure if I should actually venture in.

Suddenly, I saw one middle-aged woman coming out of the chamber that looked like a mini-Operation theatre.She had her face covered with her hand as if cupping a decoupled part of the face that can drop anytime.. and behind her was the dentist whose appearance was no less tahn predator, face masked, gloves in hand, 2-3 instruments which looked like fork and knife at first sight.

I caught her attention pretty quickly and sensing a possible loss of customer, she removed her mask.:-) and politely said. " Good evening Sir, This is all done. Could you jus wait for a couple of minute.Please take your seat."
She offered a place where she can have an eye on me.
I sat and mulled over fleeing from the place...Wont it be too demoralizing for the doc? Wont it be cowardice on my behalf? My state of conflict and dilemma was snapped by a call for my name. I gathered myself and sat against the dentist.
She asked to me to get into the OT type chamber.I went ahead sniffing whether my socks outside are stinking enough to spread the odour inside the clinic. It was, i guess.
I prayed in my mind.Please dont ask me to keep my socks clean.I will wash it today. I made a solemn promise.

I was half laid on a pushback chair and she asked me to open my mouth. I followed obediently.She turned back and inserted a lot of arrows, knives, fork,mirror inside my small mouth.Yes it was not paining but the apprehension of pain is more painful than the actual pain, what the heck I am penning now.

Her face slowly came too close for my comfort. i just closed my eyes and let myself think about the dimensional modeling,cardinality and the entity relationships. The irony of the situation was, for me it was so awkward and for any other person who looks at the posture it would have been so romatic.
Anyways, she asked me to open up my eyes,, as if i were a newly wed Indian bride. I obeyed and she started showing me effects of all the bad eating& smoking habits i have cultivated. Verdict:In total 7 cavities and infection in gums. "You are going to be toothless in 2 years, if you dont attend to this. Shall i clean it up?" She asked. I just nodded in dismay.

She came up with a bench-vice kind of instrument which kept my face opened up and then took a driller and a hack saw all swithced on and raring to plough my pretty face.Pictures of instruments in mechanical engg workshops floated around me. These instruments ,, oh.. god.. Within a split second, there were all inside me.. drilling, scrubbing, woossh,, my teeth are not rusted iron which you can clean up with a sand paper..

Realising i can do nothing in this bonded position i decided to go back to the database architectural thoughts. Half an hour, my travails finally ended.

As i walked out slowly, i thought why people uproot their teeth. ... because they dont want it the second time......

Labels: ,

posted by Dheeraj @ 5:41 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dheeraj
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Working in some IT domain doing something that no stakeholders know why,what or till what? Megalomanic,over-acheiver,overtly exaggerating and conceiving most unrealististic qualities about my looks , Add to it ,my poor grammar.Summarized easily as AVOIDABLE acquaintance.That's me. Disclaimer:The contents of my blogs are meant for a good read, healthy humor and sporadically realistic yet fabricated anecdotes.Please don't get offended when no-one is actually offending you. Should you have something to share or suggest - don't be a silent traveller- Profile and comment section are for a reason... drop in a mail @ dheeraj.kishore@gmail.com or add me.I always revert back!!
See my complete profile
My Facebook Profile


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

Copyright © 2008 Dheeraj Pandey. All rights reserved.

© Have a break Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com