search Have a break: Mumbai Meri Jaan...
 

Have a break

 
Subscribe & Rate Me

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Catalog
Subscribe the feed

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Visitors
Mumbai Meri Jaan...
Sunday, April 22, 2007
So, After a sequence of ill-feeling,sniffing around,conflicting notions coupled with generic urge for change, I couldn't resist but to migrate to Mumbai.

With a sigh of relief, solemn-silent promise to myself, a visible resurrection of my bruished career, I embarked for 150 km journey.
From the face and a few onenight stands with the city of opportunities, I knew it won't be particularly something that I can cherish.
Cramped traffics, overloaded trains, humid heat all made it a challenge for free soul like me to survive.

First day journey towards the office started at 6.30 am.And I know where East is,hence. Catching a train is only way I can reach to London from Rome. So i braved it.

Such an irony of this entity, the most harrowing of journeys is the most sought for and indispensable mode of movement.

For a first time onlooker, the crowd in a bogie will seem to be impossible to adjust even a straw of a broom but for those whose lives are controlled by it, know Mumbai local never reaches the saturation. You can keep adding more sugar in the water but never the water gonna spill out of the glass nor the sugar is going to sediment.

After, my well-pressed white shirt and well-polished black camel leather shoe went through real jaggernaut, I stepped out of the chamber which reminded me of Hitlers concentration camps.
I can now tell you about all kind of body and mouth odours.Worst was yet to come .I was going to have a taste of road traffic.
For 1.30 hours no rick driver was ready to drop me to a place hardly 1 .5 km away. Luckily got hold of one, the gentle soul rickshawwallah charged me 85 rs taking me through the labyrinth of traffic making my beautiful face swallow all kind of exhaust gases of all kind of vehilcles found in Mumbai.
Reached office and the jolt came right away when i scanned the office in one go after all the hassles that HRs are known to give for 3 hours. And believe me , she was trying to make me home all the while and I was almost dozing , courtesy a hectic alcohol packed night and tension of reaching office through almost impregnable Mumbai Traffic.
Much to my chagrin, I see no pretty girl, add woman no probs. Easiest part of the day long exercise was to catch the sparsely habitated Bus and reach somewhere near the Guest house.
Comparing these buses with the dreaded Infy Buses is a sin simply because of the sheer head counts the road ravisher transport.
While you can always eagerly and optimistically pray the beautiful girl will take the vacant adjacent seat, however never ever she sits, in Infy, you can safely assume no one going to occupy it out here.
And to me thats better than sitting with a smelling techno guy.

Gods always conspire against me and trap me with attractively packaged garbage, the truth remains that despite premonitions I always opened them with eagerness of a child. So, all my lisp was gone when I found it hard to differentiate the girls from women or better put by a colleague here, "There are no girl,no woman-Only non-male.:) No offence meant as usual, One of the things I have learnt from Infy.

The age is tormentous and there is very little I think apart from girls whenever I am free or otherwise. Let's find out some pretty lass from the call centres surroundimng my office .Because they carry an attitude of some kind of state of art personalities. I bet you get a look at their dress pattern and you will agree with me. it takes heart of rock courageous man to approach them. I am not one of them, I rejected the thought.

Time up.
Usually, getting back from office and sleeping immediately is a sign of average,low ambitioned, IT techno geek who just fights his way out for a solution in office. While refuting this self inflicted blame, I slept because I didnt know what better can I do.

Dheeraj
P.S: I couldnt find humor in the situation i am in so, sorry for readers who actually looked for my non-sense of humor.

Labels:

posted by Dheeraj @ 9:36 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dheeraj
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Working in some IT domain doing something that no stakeholders know why,what or till what? Megalomanic,over-acheiver,overtly exaggerating and conceiving most unrealististic qualities about my looks , Add to it ,my poor grammar.Summarized easily as AVOIDABLE acquaintance.That's me. Disclaimer:The contents of my blogs are meant for a good read, healthy humor and sporadically realistic yet fabricated anecdotes.Please don't get offended when no-one is actually offending you. Should you have something to share or suggest - don't be a silent traveller- Profile and comment section are for a reason... drop in a mail @ dheeraj.kishore@gmail.com or add me.I always revert back!!
See my complete profile
My Facebook Profile


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

Copyright © 2008 Dheeraj Pandey. All rights reserved.

© Have a break Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com