search Have a break: Capital I @ 13 years
 

Have a break

 
Subscribe & Rate Me

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Catalog
Subscribe the feed

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Visitors
Capital I @ 13 years
Monday, April 9, 2007
I was around 13 years old, I would have preferred using 13 year young but for the standards,when I first thought of writing forcefully.I purchase great honor when I admit I am a spontaneous person and it was my first attempt to hit at my sagacious thought process.

I tried to find out any subject on which I could scribble something and at the same time use the recently learnt vocabulary to a degree where I am not caught by any amateur reader atleast.
At 13-14, I was excusable for carrying megalomaniac and please-only-me attitude by the elite senior citizen, so no harm of being insinuated by them.

Here is an account of the first subject on which I wrote. This is not what I wrote though :).

It brought me pious hapiness when i stood up tall in my clumsy half pant(Yes, i wore it even till my 8th standards.For other idiosyncracies, please mail me back personally) and corrected the handwriting teacher of his 'RABIT' spelling.
"Sir, Sir, Sir(atleast 3 time is a must to catch attention of the class,No harm if you face tilts towards the female section even if talking to your teacher who is making a perfect normal to your flat torso) Rabit has double 'B', you have written the spelling wrong,you have only written one B" all in one breath to ensure somebody doesn't sense my catch and utters it before i complete.

Being too generous towards the house captain and the class monitor, he thought a bit and added
"No Dheeraj, Its correct".
Someone pulled my tiny wrist and forced me to take my seat.
"A brilliant colleague is the most hated one." I murmured in hushed tone.
The first thing after returning home ,I did was to verify my claim by looking through Bhargava's Pocket dictionary.
That thesaurus can be easily win the the oldest book available in most of the households.
And first 3 pages from 'A', 'Aba','Abbot' to 'Abandon' can win the most turned pages of the book. Every time someone tries to learn English, inevitably it starts and ends with the first 3 pages of the tiny creature more or less analogous from "Atomic Structure" to "Chemical Bonding" when it came to +2 Chemistry books.
The progression from early teen to late teen could travel for only 3 pages to 3 chapters.
Lucky me, got admission in Engineering and learnt to devour an entire book in one night-out.

"Rabbit": Gotcha, i shouted throwing my shoes off and removing back straining, ink-scarred, butt-torned, ball-penned, super-faded school bag at the same time on the first step at the entry to my sweet home.
To collect everything from everywhere is not the task of a brilliant student and scorned class monitor. Mamma can help herself.
The first thing that Mamma always looked from my bags is my tiffin box ,unlatching top pouch(she actually didnt need to, I could take that tiffin out from the small gap adjacent to central latch.)
And she invariably got a half loaf of bread, roti, paratha and little bit of whatever complimented the maincourse. And yes, a bit of foreign material. Friend's tiffin box and tiffin material always looked and tasted better, read in the same order. :)

Next day, "Holi shit!! That goon doesn't have his class today." I cried foul.
I was impatient to hilt.
First thought, "Go and catch hold of him anywhere and throw that thesaurus flat on his crooked face."
Instanteous thought, "No let him strip off in front of the class."
Final thought" Yes, I will wait till tomorrow."
An attacked,proud and incredibly able teenger needs no second thought.
Thinking weakens decisiveness.
No harsh decisions can be taken upon rational thinking.

Ohh, i am a born thinker, best intellect, best fighter, brilliant student, commanding leader,best looking "almost man" , and prospective great lover.
No wonder i shouldn't try my luck on the most beautiful girl in the school. She should come to me.
"Why did the beauty detoriate today though?"First thought
"That 5th standard Manisha looked amazing today". Second thought ,which I wasn't supposed to.

The night had been more torrid than some other night which was nothing but yesternight.

Next day. All hail Mr. Crooker

I cleaned up the blackboard as if I am clearing all the obstacles of delaying the chance to prove my mettle against the class.
Every girl is present. Good.
"She looks better than yesterday."
" What about the girl behind her?" Hey , I never noticed she has some special aura.
I will steal a look getting back to my seat. not a problem.

Enters the teacher.
"Good Mooooo....rnin......................nnnnnnnnnnnnnn Sir" in unison - perfect harmonics, but did anyone even used "g" at the end of "morning" in the class?

"Waste"!
"Sir,Sir ,Sir" hands raised before I detached my aching spine bone from the wood bench.
"I looked into dictionary; Rabbit will carry double b and not single b"
Thought of saying" You were wrong , I was right, I am right" I am always right.

"Yes, Dheeraj.You are right. I was confused. Good.Look , he takes so much interests in his convictions.He pays attention in the class. Good."Crooked one was a person crowning me now and so he is a good teacher now.

I felt an urge to keep standing till the last bell rings like the chivalrous soldier in shining armour had beaten a caged tiger and wants every flower in the arena to be showered on him.

But I sat. Knowledge comes with dignity.

Everyone was talking of me during lunch break and on way back home.I tried to avoid listening to self -praise but wanted more of it.
At home, waited for Papa to come eagerly.
He arrived at 5:45p.m (he goes by 9:55 am , he is a govt employee).
And told him the story and got a 2 rs new coin as a reward( A samosa for me and my new friend) and later on a few discussions with less-enlighted tenants about my brilliance.

"Way to go Dude" .Another restless night.

~Dheeraj

Labels: ,

posted by Dheeraj @ 4:08 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dheeraj
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Working in some IT domain doing something that no stakeholders know why,what or till what? Megalomanic,over-acheiver,overtly exaggerating and conceiving most unrealististic qualities about my looks , Add to it ,my poor grammar.Summarized easily as AVOIDABLE acquaintance.That's me. Disclaimer:The contents of my blogs are meant for a good read, healthy humor and sporadically realistic yet fabricated anecdotes.Please don't get offended when no-one is actually offending you. Should you have something to share or suggest - don't be a silent traveller- Profile and comment section are for a reason... drop in a mail @ dheeraj.kishore@gmail.com or add me.I always revert back!!
See my complete profile
My Facebook Profile


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

Copyright © 2008 Dheeraj Pandey. All rights reserved.

© Have a break Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com