search Have a break: Firing Bai!!!- A day after
 

Have a break

 
Subscribe & Rate Me

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Catalog
Subscribe the feed

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Visitors
Firing Bai!!!- A day after
Monday, March 26, 2007
Parameshwar: His First day at work!

Software laborer of the ill-fated company took up the mantle to walk Parameshwar through his job description. He did a good job in making him believe that he will be getting more than what he deserves citing examples of what his previous counterparts were getting, comparing his job to his recruiter with stats and live examples. He is improved in just one day!!!

Each time I have to type or utter those 11 letter name, I vow to baptize him with shorter name.“Pam”? This was the first name that glittered— Pamela Anderson will sue me. Simply can’t name this mal-nutritioned chap to our endowed Pam.Let’s name him “Pummy”!
Bingo--- That’s suited for Indian mentality and our MTI.

Firing Bai in an unpleasant fashion can be dangerous.First, she knows ins and outs of you home. Secondly for working bachelors like us who are not sure of themselves where they gonna spend their nights, we are left with no choice but to hand over a copy of keys to her.

8:15 p.m: Enter the dragon
Knock at the door. Like an fresher full of zeal and fire to prove his mettle , Pummy jumped to the gate from his awkward sitting posture that remind me of animals ready to manure soil.(Oh shit!!) and opened the door with an authority of house keeper. His preeceder was standing tall (fat?) of her.

In her typical ear drum hammering pitch- she started complaining about the injustice done to her.“I should have been given prior notice period, now I am deprived of my share of work”. Communism at his best.I know why they ask for notice period. Just imagine the kind of attitude she would have carried once apprised that she would be quitting this ugly job soon.
And there he was standing in front of her eyes. Pam-- Sad, solitary, sapped off energy looking haplessly the giant barking at us.

Well, I with all grace in the world ask her to calm down and promised compensation terms of reduced work but still same salary.And most importantly, delivery right that moment. Money speaks in volumes, weighs in tones. Deal settled. She promised to send a Patliwali bai to return the keys to us.

Woes of Pummy:

We are group of working bachelors with added responsibility of college buddy who doldrums between MBA aspirations and job hunts.
This is just a clichéd way to say he is doing nothing. Pummy shakes us at 8:15 am separating awkwardly intertwined bodies of me and my great job-horse friend.
Looking at the mobile-(When did I last used watch to watch time?), I thanked him for the cup of tea and waking me up for office.But there goes the mighty legs of my horse uttering sentences decorated with curses, emanating from genuinely hurt soul decimating last glass we owned by the courtesy of Blendor’s Pride Special FULL offer. The end to another memoiré!!!
“What the heck? I don’t go to office ok!!! Don’t wake me up at your will.
When I ask-- serve me Tea” Ok?”

For the full day, Pummy was not so happy. He and my horse in the flat.
Pummy coming from a village in Bihar and stepping his first foot near CUMSUM had dreams in his eyes—to see Buzzing crowds, Skirt lad girls, high rising building and life full of merried crowds around.
Not to be—We have our habitat in WHISTLING PALMS’ with a marriage hall in right and ‘GRAVEYARD’ at left. That’s perfect match. ?Slowly Pummy will know life in fast lane is not as simple and illustrious as it might seem from distant village of Bihar.

~Dheeraj

Labels: ,

posted by Dheeraj @ 1:13 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 26, 2007 at 4:50 AM, Blogger Shashank said…

    That is an emotional!Tragic!! story.........
    No matter what we all have a soft coener for them who care a lot.... better to say try to care a lot....(may it be dreams) not any physical instance available....
    Hope he is in his desires with all the passion as he had been that night.. aakhir Bai bhi to insaan hi hoti hain!!!!

     
  • At November 26, 2007 at 10:12 PM, Blogger Rishabh Makrand said…

    a nice work to co-relate the bai's life with ours(in terms of appraisal and firing) and their need in ours "bachelor" life.
    I think you will feel her emptyness always... no matter whatever performance appraisal "pummy" fills.. its gonna get only 2 out of 5... and comment as "resource is having less domain knowledge".. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dheeraj
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Working in some IT domain doing something that no stakeholders know why,what or till what? Megalomanic,over-acheiver,overtly exaggerating and conceiving most unrealististic qualities about my looks , Add to it ,my poor grammar.Summarized easily as AVOIDABLE acquaintance.That's me. Disclaimer:The contents of my blogs are meant for a good read, healthy humor and sporadically realistic yet fabricated anecdotes.Please don't get offended when no-one is actually offending you. Should you have something to share or suggest - don't be a silent traveller- Profile and comment section are for a reason... drop in a mail @ dheeraj.kishore@gmail.com or add me.I always revert back!!
See my complete profile
My Facebook Profile


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

Copyright © 2008 Dheeraj Pandey. All rights reserved.

© Have a break Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com