search Have a break: Autobiography| Window Seat
 

Have a break

 
Subscribe & Rate Me

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Catalog
Subscribe the feed

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Visitors
Autobiography| Window Seat
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
I am the favorite, sweetheart of everyone.
The lonely passengers cherish my lap, providing them the window of a world large company. Children fight for my possession, gotta catch the Bhoot tonight running along the track and showing the torch. Old ones like the support of the adjacent wall of the trains, support that is unconditional and rare. Young folks find me very sporting. They can shout over to the by passers, can find people in some really interesting activities. They can wave hands to the damsels driving on the along side highway, even whistle to the working women on the fields. Children feel elated to see me and my owner.
I can showcase the real country from the sideline. I provide the platform to see culture without a fuss. You can see it so close, real close.

But truly said, good things don’t come easily .Let me narrate one day’s story. However this is my life on almost all days.

The day I took birth ….. I was born robust and responsible. I was given birth for a mission of goodwill, making it possible for souls to meet, bringing exultations from the longings of friends, keeping alive the warmth of relations, Making new relations and stand testimony to the enriching diversity and ironic integration.

I am born half color blind. I have been accustomed to acknowledge a very few colors. Red and green and yellow…Life is colorful with these only.

Oh, I always get drowned in my reminiscence. I was pretty once.
To my story now, so, it was my first journey. I thought it’s a festival or something, or are people celebrating the birth of their messiah? Expectations amplify disappointment.

There was so much rush that day. I was enthralled to find out I have such a big fan following. It must be some festival I reassured. I was ready to take up anything that day. It really is a pleasure to make dreams possible. I was there ready to caress the iron beneath my claws. Green, I always knew what it meant. I shrieked excitedly --- and embarked on my journey. Response was overwhelming. I am considered the best. It was a lean, high chinned, hollow -eyed young man in traditional belbotts and long collared shirt, dirty on the wrist and on the back. It was a sign of chivalry, he had fought for me. I need to serve him well now. He deserved me.

I am passenger train. seat No 41 and I am the vantage point in this cube. The wrist got dirty in the pushes and hullabaloo occurred during catching the train and more importantly grabbing me. I loved him. As I went faster, the boiling and ebullient atmosphere slowly descended into a calm pregnant one.

At the embark, when people started to ambush me I thought I wont be able to accommodate them all, But strangely enough everyone was comfortably placed within an hour’s journey .My owner was real garrulous. After the engine and whistle, it was him who was heard by everyone .He spread the local newspaper he was just devouring a little while ago. The pulp quality was pathetic but it had served its purpose and rady for its other utility to contain Puri bhujia.

It had already equipped my owner with abundance of knowledge making sure the co-passengers don’t doze out of boredom. He had found some supporters mumbling sweet exhortations, encouragerers like,, ”Acha” “Ha ha –bilkula sahi”….”mee pan aikala aahe”(I have heard too).

Few who preferred to sleep in the rhythmic harmonic of the engine went on top of me grabbing 43 number who was already suffocating with garbage filled sacks, stinking kerosene tanks and rodent infected Toshaks .
My excitement was short-lived. I saw RED.—Stop! It was a small station with more vendors than the passengers. I provided a lucid way of entrance and exit ,a bicapsular pathway specially when the usual path is like negotiating a military training drill-Perfect execution and No causality.
I saw samoshas, idlis, bananas,tea, coffee inflowing from the window and spreading far fetched nook of the cabin. Well, thanks for a green and red chatni ,Master.!!! Now a little warm bath too,,,Tea time—splash!!!! Before the argument whether it was vendor’s or passenger’s fault escalated, I saw Green and was in no mood to bear more atrocities. Thanks goodness, not much harm done.
It was all my owner till the next incident happened. In the meantime, my owner, I was unsure what his name was ”Boss” Bhaiya””sir””Aye””Ustad””Miya”..whatever , I and neighbours were all ears for his eloquence. He seemed to be scholar of sociology, economics, politics,- a perfect treat for little brain people.
He was criticizing the government and showering flakes of mungfali on me as if showering flowers on a wedding couple. No, signore I don’t really love you now. More now, when he was spitting tobacco on my newly led window. Sob sob!!

The worse was yet to come. I was jolted by a thunderbolt. THUD THUD…The adolescents on the road side pelted stone on me. I got hurt badly .But I saved my owner. He was no longer interested in seeing the nature’s wonder now.

Engine didn’t stop, we are born dumb, learnt only a few things, ready, start and hault. No matter, if Its day, night, over crowded, empty.

My destination was near. I was again the old turbulent cube ready to burst open. The déjà vu engrossed me, the way I started—ya, exactly the same. People started getting down before engine stopped. I was confused if had over-ran. But no intelligence please, it’s still yellow. I will stop on Red that is what been hard coded into me. I was left tattered, disheveled, ambushed. Now, looking at myself, I tried to believe that I am pretty. There was lull inside cube now, futile though. I have to run again without respite. Whistle broke my siesta, telling me to forget the pain and get ready for the service again.
I am seat no.41 ,,I got to know again. This time an old man, dhoti kurta, untidy, even he had fought for me..

Everyone loves me but no one cares.
Oh please no sentiment, no intelligence, only selfless diligence.
Green is on I shall leave.
SEE YA

A Window passenger himself
Dheeraj

Labels:

posted by Dheeraj @ 2:55 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dheeraj
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Working in some IT domain doing something that no stakeholders know why,what or till what? Megalomanic,over-acheiver,overtly exaggerating and conceiving most unrealististic qualities about my looks , Add to it ,my poor grammar.Summarized easily as AVOIDABLE acquaintance.That's me. Disclaimer:The contents of my blogs are meant for a good read, healthy humor and sporadically realistic yet fabricated anecdotes.Please don't get offended when no-one is actually offending you. Should you have something to share or suggest - don't be a silent traveller- Profile and comment section are for a reason... drop in a mail @ dheeraj.kishore@gmail.com or add me.I always revert back!!
See my complete profile
My Facebook Profile


Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

Copyright © 2008 Dheeraj Pandey. All rights reserved.

© Have a break Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com